Here’s a list of the Python & Pygame Tutorials I’ve found the most useful:
1. Invent Games with Python – http://inventwithpython.com/ – Perfect for Command Line Games – thorough, but accessible
2. Making Games with Pygame –
http://inventwithpython.com/pygame/chapters/ – My favorite tutorial out there … though as link number 4 will show, there are sometimes nicer ways to do some of the things they have you do
3. Learn Python the Hard Way – http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ – Some people don’t particularly click with the way this guy does stuff, but I found it Super Helpful. The lessons themselves offer great explanations of concepts, and good code examples & exercises.
4. http://pythonprogramming.net/pygame-python-3-tutorial-series/ – Very accessible. Not necessarily the most thorough, but once you’re even a little bit comfy with Pygame, I’d recommend using this. It does some things with naming variables that I Really Like
5. Program Arcade Games with Python – http://programarcadegames.com/index.php – Not the most thorough in its explanations. I’d recommend this one only after having done the other ones
6. Official Pygame Docs – http://www.pygame.org/docs/ – Honestly, most of the Pygame docs that I’ve looked through so far are pretty awful … Sometimes they’re not. This also has a list of other tutorials that seem like they might be helpful